Of course they are lying, but look at what they are saying:
- They admit that there was physical and mental abuse that went on for years!
- They admit that nobody reported this to the police or ever talked about it to outsiders, even family members.
Naturally they are trying to say that David Miscavige was not involved and knew nothing about it.
Pay attention to what they are claiming:
- David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology, was absent from the Church of Scientology's International Headquarters for years!
- They assert that, for years, David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology, had no knowledge of what was going on at his International Headquarters!
- They also claim that not one person at Scientology's International Headquarters reported the horrible physical and mental abuses to David Miscavige in all the years that it continued!
The leader of Scientology is absent from Scientology's International Headquarters for years and years at a time; the leader of Scientology is completely unaware of and is not informed of what is going on at Scientology's headquarters; and no one did anything to stop the abuse, year after year after year.Do these people sound totally insane?
Yes, they do. This is an example of what happens when you live in a cult. You become completely unaware of what is normal. So when you try to explain (and cover up) the things that go on inside the cult, you have no idea how very crazy you sound.
The "bitter ex-spouses" show was pretty revealing, if lacking in information. These "witnesses" weren't actually witnesses, they were more of the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" type. These ex-spouses were bound and determined to prove that absolutely no abuse ever took place. "Nothing happened, and we would certainly know". Apparently, they didn't coordinate their
They really should be given time to all get together and figure out what their official story is going to be.